In a technology-driven world, many people find comfort and security in tradition. Mail vs. email. Phone call vs. texting. Online appointment scheduling vs. paper appointment books.
If you are one of those massage therapists who just can’t leave behind your old fashioned appointment book and jump into the digital world of online scheduling for your massage therapy clients, then this post is for you. Or, perhaps you’re just starting your practice, and you want to keep a paper record of your schedule, in addition to offering online scheduling for your clients. We’ve researched the best old school appointment books and planners that work well for massage therapists. [Still, I would encourage you to read up on the benefits of online scheduling, just to be informed.]
Here’s our review, but make sure you add your favorite appointment book in the comments below.
Starts at 8am and ends at 8:45pm, 15 minute intervals, 7 days a week. The book is spiral bound, 8.5×11, and has a tough plastic cover in black or chipboard brown.
- Client Ledger
- Gift Certificate Ledger
- Business Mileage Ledger
- Continuing Education Ledger
- Receipt Envelope
- Important Contacts Ledger
- Anatomy Charts
It is available at massageminder.com and Amazon.
MassageMinder.com price: ~$28
2. At a Glance Weekly Appointment Book
If you like consistency and predictability, this appointment book is for you. While not specifically made for massage therapists, it is the work horse of the appointment book world. This product has not changed significantly in decades. It has rave reviews on Amazon from people who have kept appointments for 30+ years in their small business.
- Classic styling and all of the planning basics for busy professionals
- 13 months, January-January; 8.25 x 10.88 page size
- Quarter-hourly appointments, 7 am-8:45 pm, Monday-Friday; 7 am-5:30 pm Saturday
- Past, current and two future months reference; telephone and address pages
- Printed on quality paper containing 30% post-consumer waste, black simulated leather cover; 8.25 x 10.88 x .56 inches
Amazon price ~$17
Another popular At-A-Glance book is the Executive Weekly and Monthly Appointment Book, which has a soft sewn front cover; Weekly: one week per 2-page spread; past, current and future month references; space for notes; Monthly: one month per 2-page spread with notes page; information section; removable telephone and address book, and it is refillable.
Amazon Price: ~$33
3. Salon Appointment Book
This large format appointment book has no dates, so you can write in your own day/dates. The 6 column format allows for multiple therapists to share a book, or for a receptionist to schedule appointments for more than one person. This book may lack some of the features of a typical appointment book, but it is sturdy and less expensive than the other products mentioned above.
- 100 Sheets – 200 Pages – 6 Column (Opens to 8 column)
- 6am – 10pm Appointment Times in 15 Minute Increments
- Extra Large spacing for neater, easier to read scheduling
- Rounded Corners to prevent messy “corner curling”
- Twice the pages and 50% the price of competitors appointment books
Amazon price: $12
What is your favorite pen-and-paper tool for keeping your massage therapy appointments? Share your thoughts, comments and questions down below!
Comments from original Massamio post:
I MUST get that first one.Perfect features for me I am such a scatterbrain. — Posted @ Monday, April 14, 2014 10:21 AM by rebecca dieter