I saw this announcement from Small Business Trends. It sounds like a very interesting event. Anita Campbell is hosting this discussion with other small business owners and a team of Symantec security experts to discuss what you need to be aware of and what you can do to protect your business. They will cover the following:
- What is a targeted attack and how it differs from other cyber threats.
- Why small businesses are being targeted (so you know what criminals are after!)
- How Mac users are being targeted — using Macs is no longer a pass.
- How to make your employees aware of the threats, including training
- Defending your business to avoid dollar losses.
Thursday, July 19 at 4pm New York time (1pm Los Angeles time).
On Twitter.com. Follow the hashtag #SMBchat to see what others say during the chat. Be sure to use #SMBchat in your tweets when you participate. All are welcome — join in!
Unfortunately I will be on an airplane so I cannot participate. I would appreciate it if some of you take part in this event and relate the highlights.