***updated below, as of 5-26-2020***
Some practitioners have decided to reopen their practices. You might be one of them. While I am not about to judge your decision (each professional has unique and various circumstances to personally consider), I do hope you are taking the process of reopening your practice very seriously.
Get Your Plan Together
Get your reopening plan together, because soon enough massage businesses everywhere will be struggling to keep up with the demand for healthy, safe, therapeutic touch. Here are some helpful resources as you develop your plan.
- ABMP’s Back to Practice Summary
- AMTA’s Reopening Resources
- Healwell’s Back to Practice Videos
- Diana Thompson’s COVID Intake Form (.docx file)
- Massage Mastery Online’s digital textbook, Preventing Disease Transmission in a Massage Practice by Anne Williams and Eric Brown
- Massage Magazine article, 17 CDC Safety & Sanitation Guidelines for Massage Therapists Considering Re-Opening a Practice
- FSMTB’s recommendations, Guidelines for Practice with COVID-19 Considerations
If you have decided not to reopen just yet, there are still many things you can be doing at this time to work on your business. Read our last blog post for suggestions from Cherie.
5-14-2020 Update: Cemetria Hayes McMullen, L.M.T., Owner of Sage Massage Studio in Dallas has graciously offered to share her COVID Intake Form (.docx file) as well. Thank you, Cemetria!
5-19-2020 Update: Added the Massage Magazine article above.
5-20-2020 Update: Added the FSMTB guidelines above.
5-26-2020 Update: Resources for Reopening Your School blog posted.