Build Your Practice
Sexual Assault Prevention Guidelines – 2022 edition
These sexual assault prevention guidelines provide a roadmap for franchisors, franchisees, day spas, and massage clinics to: maximize the safety of both clients and therapists; and minimize the risk of sexual assault. Additionally, if you are a massage therapist looking for a job in a massage clinic or spa, or a client looking for a safe spa to go to for a massage, these guidelines will give you the knowledge to help you decide which type of business to work with.
In this guide, Dr. Ben Benjamin shares detailed instructions for:
- Verbal Interviews
- Practical Interviews
- Internet Searches
- Sexual Misconduct Statements
- Sample Zero Tolerance Meeting Agendas
- Client Brochures
- Complaint Processes
- Mystery Shoppers
- plus, Additional Resources
Branding Your Practice: A Guide for Massage Therapists
Branding is one of the toughest things for all businesses, including massage therapists, to nail down. Even well-established businesses sometimes struggle in this area, continually changing their colors, taglines, fonts, messaging, and even their name. But better branding means more business, and that’s what we all want.
In this guide, instructor and massage therapist Allissa Haines takes you through the basics of branding and beyond:
- Branding basics
- Choosing a logo & color scheme
- Identifying your ideal client
- Creating messaging based on buyer persona
- Coordinating online and offline
- Establishing a strong brand online
- Personal branding when establishing your own
A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Essential Oils
Even trained massage therapists can feel overwhelmed when it comes to finding the right essential oils and aromatherapy products.
That’s why we collaborated with aromatherapy expert and businesswoman Sonia Rodriguez to bring you “A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Essential Oils.”
This free guide takes a deep dive into the history and applications of essential oils and shows you how to use them to improve your massage therapy practice.
After reading this guide, you know:
- Myths about essential oils (and the facts to debunk them!)
- 7 Recipes you can use for your massage therapy practice and at home
- Best practices for aromatherapy
- How to shop for the best essential oils and aromatherapy product
Feel 100% confident about purchasing and using essential oils and aromatherapy products.
A Massage Therapist’s Guide to All Things Google
Cloud-based technologies like Google can sometimes seem scary and intimidating, until you learn more about it. Learn how Google is an important tool for marketing success, as well as a one-stop shop for getting stuff done on the internet.
- Two case studies from massage therapists who use Google products
- Deep dives on Google Apps for Business, Hangouts, and Places
- How to use Analytics to learn more about your visitors and leads
- Tying it all together with SEO
Start taking advantage of Google’s many useful services, tools and apps.
To BILL or not to BILL? A Free Beginner’s Guide to Insurance Billing for Massage Therapists
At some time or another during your career as a massage therapist, you will most likely have a regular client who gets in a car accident or injured at work, and will ask if you can bill their insurance to pay for their ongoing massage sessions. Will you be able to say yes, or risk losing their business if you say no?
What you’ll get in this beginner’s guide:
- Basic benefits and challenges of billing
- Overview of insurance billing steps and processes
- How to figure out if billing is for you
- A “Getting Started” checklist
Are you ready? Let’s get started.
Self-Care Exercises for Massage Therapists
Massage therapists spend most of their days performing massage or sitting at a computer. It’s easy to let a whole day or week go by without stretching and giving ourselves the care we need. We want to make sure all of you are treating yourselves right, that’s why we’ve partnered with Melissa Finley, co-creator of Anatomy in Motion, to bring you this informative, simple guide of self-care exercises.
In this beautifully illustrated guide you’ll get:
- Detailed stretching exercises that alleviate common pain areas for massage therapists
- Pro-tips for incorporating self-care into your daily routine
- Each section includes why you need the stretch, details about what the stretch is, and how it helps
We know you’re going to LOVE this free guide and be inspired to use these self-care routines. We wish you the best in health and wellness!
The Massage Therapist’s Ultimate Guide to Social Media
You’re a massage therapist who wants to build a thriving practice. You might or might not be tech savvy. You might or might not have experience with social media.
You might already have a pretty successful practice that you’d like to take to the next level, or you might have a business that’s failing to thrive, or you might be brand new and wondering how you’ll ever compete.
Wherever you are in your social media efforts, we’re here to help. This free guide covers everything you need to know to be great.
- Discovering the type of social media that’s the best fit for you and your practice
- Guidelines on how to get started, creative ideas and action plans for various forms of social media platforms
- Creating great content on your blog and in other ways to boost your social media efforts
- The truly-not-as-scary-as-you-think basics of SEO
- Time-saving tools, how to keep on top of trends, and how to turn readers in clients
You’re going to learn that you can do this. And how!
Social Media Worksheets
Spending just a few minutes a week planning your social media marketing activities can save you tons of time and headaches in the long run! That’s why we’ve put together a tool that takes the hassle out of social media.
Our free social media worksheets are designed to help you define your target market, organize your weekly blog topics, and schedule social media posts.
Included in this package:
- Client persona worksheet
- Editorial calendar worksheet
- Blogging worksheet
- Load it onto your tablet for easy reference
Get organized and strategic with your social media marketing by downloading the free package of worksheets!
Business Plan Checklist
A business plan is an essential road map for your practice’s success. Planning, writing, and finalizing your business plan can feel like an enormous task. To help you get started, we bring you this free Business Plan Checklist.
The Checklist discusses these required elements:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Owner’s Statement
- Executive Summary
- Purpose, Priorities, and Goals
- Business Description
- Risk Assessment
- Financial Analysis
- Success Strategies
Written Communications Guidelines and Checklist
Every communication you send is Marketing your business. It is especially important to be careful with your written communications, because your every communication actually has two messages: the direct written message, and the overall professional message.
If you are a terrific writer and editor, this can be a great marketing tool. However, if you have difficulty with spelling, it can give a very different impression. This free checklist includes tips to assure your message is received as you intend—direct, accurate, and professional.
“Should I Get a Massage Today?” Poster
Should I get a massage today? That is the question. There are many ways to answer it, depending on time, money, how you feel, or health considerations. To get massage clients thinking about when to book a massage treatment, we created a fun and informative flow chart designed to point them in the right direction.
You can download it here and print it for your office. Be sure to add your contact information in the available space at the bottom of the poster.
Many massage therapists are integrating reflexology into their practices and offering it as a service to their clients. To help, we’ve put together a beautiful reflexology chart to use in your massage therapy practice. Print it out to hang in your office or load the PDF onto your tablet to keep as a handy reference.
What can you do with this poster?
- It’s a great reference for seasoned reflexologists
- Good for beginners who are thinking about learning more about reflexology
- Display this eye-catching poster in your treatment room
- Load it onto your tablet for easy reference
- Include your contact information at the bottom of the poster and hang it in a prominent location to get found by new clients!