Resources for Educators
In last month’s TA survey, very little student communication was happening around career planning and goals. This concerns me. While students are at once brave enough to continue their studies, they are very likely concerned for their future in this field. I highly recommend purposeful discussions regarding their personal goals and their future:
- Address the fears surrounding an unknown future.
- Remind them that the need for stress and pain reduction options in their community will continue to grow, no matter the outcome of the pandemic.
- Discuss various and innovative solutions to a safe and sanitary practice.
- Encourage them to plan for the future and take action in the direction of their goals on a weekly basis.
- Practice skilled communication, especially listening skills, and client education.
I would very much like to know how these discussions go. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.