Resources for Educators
From the Teacher’s Aide Newsletter
For What Kinds of Communication is Email Good?
Practitioners use email to:
- Remind clients of clinic hours including special extended hours.
- Announce specials and changes in practice.
- Send welcome and follow up messages.
- Send birthday greetings.
- Promote gift certificate sales.
- Send coupons clients can print or forward to others.
- Promote special services and educate clients about the benefits of services or techniques.
- Send irregular clients reminder messages.
- Send or forward articles or links to clients with particular interests or conditions.
- Announce classes and workshops.
- Communicate about scheduling with clients. (This requires checking your inbox frequently.)
- Alert clients when there is an opening. It may be worth having a list of clients who have checked a box: “Let me know about last minute openings.” Including an incentive can increase the response, such as 15 extra minutes for the first one to schedule.