Resources for Educators
These questions help learners get to know each other better. Choose one or more of these categories. Start the process by answering the question yourself. Then either ask for a volunteer or simply pick the next person. Give that person something that can be tossed or passed (e.g., a small stuffed animal, a koosh ball or a talking stick). When the first person is done, he passes the item to another person who answers the question and passes the item. Proceed until everyone has shared.
- Your Name Origin: Are you named after someone? Is there a dictionary definition for your name?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what’s its significance?
- If you could be anybody in the world (past or present), who would it be? Why?
- If you could be any literary character, who would it be? Why?
- If you could be any celebrity, who would it be? Why?
- If you could be any comic-book superhero, who would it be? Why?
- What animal best represents you? Why?
- What would you buy if you just won a $1 million lottery and had to spend it in six months?
- Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world (money being no object)? Why?
- If you could trade places with an animal for one week, which animal would you choose? Why?
- What was your favorite subject in school? Why?
- Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
- What is your favorite website? Why?
- When you are not working/being in school, what are your favorite things to do?