Resources for Educators
From the Teacher’s Aide Newsletter
Marketing Class Activity: Identify Your Ideal Client
If you are teaching business but you are not teaching your students how to identify their ideal client, they may really struggle with marketing in the future. To illustrate the importance of target marketing, include this activity in the marketing section of your business course.
Identify your ideal client by answering the following questions:
- How would you describe the people who would use the kind of services you provide?
- What type of person is most drawn to your practice?
- What types of people do you want to reach?
- Which groups do you most relate?
- What types of services would be the most fulfilling for you to offer?
- What qualities do you want your services to exude?
- What problems, conditions, and issues do you want to address in your work?
- What type of environment do you want to work?
- What are the characteristics of the people you would prefer to have as clients?
Given your answers, who would be most easily attracted to working with you? Who would you really enjoy being around?